a journey to motherhood

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 45 & 46: Gospel in Action :

Dear family and friends!
The last two weeks been wonderful despite of the not so great news about Agusan. Know that your missionaries are safe. We were given instructions to proselyte only until 6pm my first week but we are now back to normal hours. 
My ability to remember landmarks is still not great but I'm glad S. Calugay is very patient with me. I have many people to tell you about. John Roi is back, he is progressing, we attended a baptism with him in Prosperidad, he enjoys wearing his necktie on Sundays and is great at keeping his commitments. He is ready for his baptism on the 9th! The zone leaders had a baptism. Mary Grace became my instant friend and we sang for her. It made me even more grateful for the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues. Juana, attended the sacrament too and Irene our recent convert continues to read for her since she cant read. The Lord will prepare a way for her children to learn the gospel. We have a Vietnamese investigator, Mia. The spirit was so strong when teaching her and we love talking to her kids who speaks their native language, english and cebuano. I met the P family and taught the kids who are recent converts. Brother P is also progressing very well. The family is doing wonderful in reading the scriptures. We had FHE with the couple missionaries and with our branch president and family. S. Calugay and I are goal achievers and spirit seeking missionaries. We clicked instantly about work especially finding more people to teach. Our companionship is climbing the charts of the happiest people in San Franz! :)
I taught the Gospel Principle class on Sunday. It doesnt happen very often in the mission and it was my first time. I love it when personal study proves to be a blessing especially when unplanned opportunities to teach arrives. Personal study is my favorite time! I love learning and sharing them during companion study. It's neat when the spirit helps me to find the relevance of my study to the needs of the people we teach. S. Macias inspired me to learn a little deeply about consecration. I know that if we consecrate our time and choices to the Lord, we can do His purposes. Consecration is gospel in action. :) We had our first exchanges yesterday too. I stayed in our area with S. Sumalpong. She is from Zamboanga, teaches from the heart, sporty and very cool. It was surprising because anxieties were all gone and I felt ready to serve and teach and learn from her too. It made me look forward to the exchanges with Bislig sisters.
Health is super fine! The sisters been dancing zumba and taibo for exercise and Im enjoying them so far. My water intake increased and I eat very right. Not to mention that the members invite us for dinner more often than not. :) Yes, I still monitor my weight but this isnt probably very important. Ha!
I stay excited for many reasons. I love teaching and learning. San Franz is the kind countryside that I love. This weeks baptism, working with members, taking care of their referrals, travel to Butuan and zone training meeting are some of the things I am looking forward to. I'll let you know how it went next week! We will be in Butuan until Wednesday for the council meeting. We'll see how new things will happen.
If there is anything that is not at its best is the haircut I got so no worries. :) I love you all so much! Like always, you are the best support system ever! I hope you continue to treat each other with kindness and always, always look on the heart. 

"... for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
Remember that I will see you soon! ;)
Your sister in zion,
Sister Javelona
A baptism of our zone leaders. Mary Grace is the best!

 S. Calugay! Pretty smile!


 S. Sumalpong loves us so much she scrubbed it for us. She is a sweetie. Yep, we fetch water from here everyday. :) 
Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena