a journey to motherhood

Friday, October 11, 2013

Week 2: MTC IS THE BEST!!!

Hello Family!
        Kamusta kamo tanan? I hope sadya kamo! We didn't have a P-Day last week because of our departure and transfers so I will be writing a lot longer today. This will go in a letter because internet here is very slow, we will find better cafe and hopefully I could send pictures too.
        I want to update everyone that Jenny and James (TRC Investigators) attended the sacrament. Too bad we will be leaving the MTC already that week. Sister Adventura and I loved teaching them. I love S. Patricio and B. Roda, Our teachers. So if you are going to the MTC and they are your teachers BIG YAY! for you! They  are the Best!
        Leaving the MTC was bittersweet. The experiences had were very meaningful. I love my district so much. President and S. Beck are very loving. Elder and S. Eves are always ready to help with smiles. Sister and E. French are the most enthusiastic couple. I will miss E. Jackson and his funny morning jingles, I always see one or two of these couples walking holding hands while I  jog.
          We gained new friends here but the closest to us all are the 2 Enos sisters. Sister Duanthipphavong is from Laos and S. Sowangwong from Thailand. We had them as visitors in our room several times. They thought us "Come though Fount Every Blessings"in thai and sang it for them before we left.
           I will miss the MTC. There will always be a special place in my heart for this place and for the people here. I will miss practice teaching, the garden, the morning exercise. I will miss sitting with the Mosiah and Enos Sisters every meal and the elders too. I had the best MTC companion! Sister Adventura and i could be companions forever!
            Leaving the MTC first and waving goodbye to Elder Javelona made me cry. He is ready! You dont know what 12 days in the MTC can do to a missionary. Truly, the spirit of the Lord  dwells here. Being here with my brother made it more special.
            Overall, It was beyond amazing. I can catch myself looking back and wishing we could stay longer. I will be honest, I didn't want to leave! Bur I also know that E. Javelona and I and the other missionaries I love can't fulfill  our purpose here. It will be in the field  where the harvest will happen.
              Thank you MTC-Philippines. Next to the temple, this place is most sacred and I will always treasure every moment.


     Love,
Sister Javelona


Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena