a journey to motherhood

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 44: Twist and Turn

Hello family and friends! 

Let me tell you about my birthday first because I cant help but tell you how I felt loved over there. I had a great dinner with the Mendoza. It was a perfect dinner with full of counsels. I'm not sure if I told you already but President Mendoza served his mission in Bacolod. After dinner we had a family home evening with the Navarra family. Sister Abequibel surprised us with a birthday cake. That was the second cake, man! I super love the Navarra family and Im praying they will progress. It was the highlight of the day, spending the time again sharing the gospel. And when I thought surprises are over, I was blindfolded in the apartment and was surprised again with cake and poppers and sweet messages. It was a great start of the week overall because after big changes.

Okay, are you ready? My mind was blown of the events last week. I said goodbye to Tagum and to Sister Cestona. I spent a wonderful birthday up there then got transferred down to Agusan again. My new branch is San Francisco under Trento District. Its a couple hours away from Butuan. I was also called to be a new  to assist the sisters in the Trento and Bislig which is a part of Surigao. Very humbling. I am grateful of the calling and opportunity the Lord is giving me to serve in His way. This would mean several travels in a transfer cycle for exchanges and meetings. My new and 5th companion is Sister Calugay from Pampanga. She's 21 and been here for over a year already. I will send a photo when I could. It is exciting to make another great friend and sister again! I will miss the Mankilam but like the last transfer I can feel the Lord mindful of his people. Every transfer, revelations are put forth. The last 3 cycles went by very fast but they were very meaningful. I love the people there and Sister Cestona had taught me more. I many ways, she prepared me for my new assignment. I had to say goodbye to Sister Comiso too, my bestfriend in the mission as she was transferred in a different zone. Just wait until we are called to be companions! ;)
So the weekend was spent unpacking, getting to know the leaders and members and just appreciating San Franz. There are four of us in the apartment. Sister Sumalpong from Zamboanga and Sister Mercado from Tacloban welcomed me like we knew each other for a long time. We spent time knowing each other with your nutella and peanut butter :)

Okay, that's it for now but expect a lengthy email next week! I love you all!  Enjoy the photos!
Your sister in zion, 
Sister Javelona
P.S. I know that this is the Lord's work.  And  "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." (John 9:4) I love being a missionary and using the time of the Lord wisely! 









Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena