a journey to motherhood

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 47: Jewels

Hello family and friends!
How's everyone doing? Someone is expecting a new baby. This is the greatest news I got this week. Congratulations to Manang Micah and Rodney! That is hastening :D
Jhon Roi was baptized! He is 18 and full of pure intent. He bore a powerful testimony. Sister Calugay and I sung "We seek after these things" Ha. It was our first time both but we were like " Who cares? Jhon Roi's baptism will happen only once. Let's sing." Jhon Roi's mother who is not a member yet attended and Juana too. We knew Jhon Roi loves wearing necktie so we gave him as a gift and he wore it in the confirmation. Juana and JP attended the sacrament too. We had dinner last night with the Pates and received pasalubong from Bohol. We are loved. :)
So on Tuesday we traveled to Butuan with the zone leaders and couple missionaries for the mission leadership council. It was a great spiritual recharge considering I am still learning the ropes of  a new assignment .  Like always, Sister Calugay is patient and kind as I was full of questions Ha! A lot of cool leadership principles I learned but I want to share with you what I feel is the highlight for me. President Torres said "Leadership is doing the will of  Jesus Christ" No matter what our calling is, when we obey the Lord we are leading. :) I was happy to see S. Comiso and the Mankilam sisters and I was more grateful to be ready for the zone training meeting. One of our zone leaders had to travel to manila because of a health issue and we were asked to relay to the zone the welcome message of our president. To represent the Lord and our mission president in the zone was an opportunity.
Personal study this week was amazing beyond words. One hour is not enough so I try to find more time to read. I studied more deeply about Integrity. Its an attribute that is important to develop :) I love how President Monson taught about it in the last Liahona issue. He qouted Jabari Parker's father "Just be the same person you are in the dark that you are in the light"I know that if we continue to have integrity we can become  the person our Heavenly Father wants us to be, even as He is and Jesus Christ.
Again, this is long! I love all of you all. I talk about you all the time to my companion! Continue being the Lord's jewels. :)

"And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of Hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them as a man spareth his own son that serveth him."
3 Nep 24:17
Love,
Sister Javelona
throwback tagum :D Elder Figueroa made this! Very talented!


S. Sumalpong made us loombands :) 

Trento zone

Jhon Roi's baptism
Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena