a journey to motherhood

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week 26: Hello Tagum!

I am not even counting anymore. To say that the mission is extremely short is an understatement. The better news is I am starting the year left with new revelations from President Torres.
I got transferred! The Mankilam branch in Tagum City, Davao del Norte is my new area. My companion is S. Darasin from Quezon City.  She's 20 and she's been here for a year now. We slept in their apartment several times before in Butuan and I love her already the first day I met her. She said she almost shouted when our names were called to be companions but I think a said a big YES myself!
We are both new in our area and it's quiet a challenge. S. Darasin had full in transfer thrice already so no worries. I am excited to learn the ropes and explore the area. We've been together for only days now but we both love the branch. The SAs organized a visiting activity and toured us around. First sacrament meeting was wonderful and as always I didn't help but share a little something about our family when asked to introduce myself. We are working for a baptism on the 29th. All is well! I am excited to tell you about the branch and the work here as we go forward.
We are neighbors with another branch's sister missionaries. They got an oven! Happiness much :D No baking plans soon yet because like Mary of the New Testament your missionary has chosen the good part. ( Luke 10: 38-42) That is to love and serve Mankilam!
I love everyone of you. Thank you for all the prayers and love. You are the best!
Your sister in zion, 
Sister Javelona

Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena