a journey to motherhood

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 24: The Lord is Hastening His Work, Are You?

Hello family and friends!
It was a wonderful week here in the Philippines Butuan Mission. I almost can't wait for Monday to tell you. First of all, I did wear the stockings. The black ones. It was uhhh.. okay and it might take a while before you can see me with those thingy again. You know me I always go back to what is comfortable. Who says sister stripling warriors can't wear make up? I did the eye make up of 10 sisters on the day of the mission tour. 10! It was great to help the sisters look good and feel good. It was an opportunity to build friendship and share with them probably the only girl thing I am passionate about. These are probably not so important!
I don't think about clothes and make up as much as I think about the people so no worries ;) Cloves is ready for his baptism on Saturday! So excited for him! The C family continues to attend church for over a month now and are progressing wonderfully. S. Jocelyn and Janet are sisters, both just returned. They were both sustained in their respective ward calling this week, it was very special. S. Arrieta and I are very grateful these people let us in and allowed us to be a part of them. The Lord is truly hastening His work and I love how the members helps us missionaries.
So let me tell you about my wonderful companion. She loves washing clothes. Weird huh? Like she has full of patience about it. Honestly, I don't understand a bit how she does it. We always tease her  she could make washing her hobby. The Lord blesses me through her. Her simple example of patience affects how I do stuff that I don't really like. She continues to set the same example in many phases of our work and ordinary missionary situations.
Elder and Sister Neilson are amazing!!! I have several good pages of notes from their talks and training. I will do my best to share them with you here and in my next letters. The night before their training with us they had a devotional with the stake. Elder Nielson talked about family and how understanding our roles would create miracles. He qouted Pres. Monson statement about us loving our family, "We should never assume, we should let them know!"
I love everyone of you! I hope you would have a great week. I was craving for bread and they have a bakeshop here you can literally find everywhere. I found some great breads we could make. I miss baking but I miss more the people I do bake with. Happy birthday to my favorite sister, Elisha! You are the best sister ever!  Remember that I and the Lord loves you! 
Your sister in zion,
Sister Javelona

Beautiful sisters in zion! 
With Elder and Sister Nielson
Guess what I receive on the day of the tour? A beautiful soul gave us small pmgs :)

The ward invited us for dinner after the devotional, sweet!

The ward invited us for dinner after the devotional, sweet!

With my mission president and his wife :) 



Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena