a journey to motherhood

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 17: Amazing Week!

Hello Family!
This will be a very long email since I wrote you a very short one last week. First of all, I loved the package! Thank you everyone who helped putting those up. I will be honest, sister missionaries will be needing more skirts and blouses after their 3rd month haha so thank you for sending the dresses. I will be making rice rolls today and probably tomorrow for our district meeting (nori less because I can't find them here).  I am excited and I will be sending you photos.
About our companionship, we are doing great! The training is going smoothly, challenges here and there but we can feel the Lord helping us. I told you about Bro. C, he is progressing wonderfully. He reads the Book of Mormon and stopped drinking coffee. He is just great. We are facing challenges with his work schedule as we approach his baptismal date and we had to extend but we are staying positive. Bro. M is another miracle this week. Him and his wife started attending church again after years of not going. Yesterday, we taught them the Law of Tithing and he started asking a question in a very serious voice. In my mind, he might ask tough questions or won't commit but no! His question was not about the lesson but "Sisters, how do you study the Book of Mormon? Where should I start and how can I make it more meaningful?" It was an inspired question and we happily helped him and gave him suggestions. Sister Arrieta and I loves talking about these wonderful experiences with the members and investigators when we arrive home.
It's been raining hard in Bayugan everyday this week but the work is still moving forward. Rain or shine, we find people to teach and we found several new investigators through Sister Arrieta's finding efforts. The Lord has prepared means for us and we can see it daily. Funny part, I wouldn't know my shoes were already very tattered underneath if it didn't rain. No worries because we bought new ones already before we did the emails. :)
There are 3 events we are looking forward this week. First is the Area Broadcast on Saturday and we will travel again to Butuan. Who's going? It will be brilliant! Second is the campus proselyting in one of the universities in Butuan. Some of the missionaries experienced it already and they say it will be awesome so I am excited for that. I am anticipating to have find more people to teach. Exchanges tomorrow! We have a new STL so Sister Comiso and I are both anxious. It will be our first time to do exchanges as trainers, pressured, pressured. :D I will tel you all about it next week. 

Received letters from E. Javelona this week! I love him so much. He is doing so well from his letters and photos and from reading them I can feel he he is growing to be someone the Savior wants him to be. We both love being a missionary!
This past few Pdays, I have been receiving emails of great news. Couples going to the temple, couples getting engaged and old friends getting baptized. On top of all of these, Haley bore her testimony in the sacrament meeting. Thank you very much for sharing all these! I love you all! Stay strong in the gospel everyone!
The joyful servant, 
Sister Javelona 
                                                 With Sister Comiso, we are both wishing to be companions someday! 

Me can't wait to open the package. Sister Comiso telling me "Come on, let's do it!"


                        Thank you so much!





Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena