a journey to motherhood

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 29-31: Let your faith show!

Dear family and friends! 

Okay, I am trying to contain my happiness because of your great stories. It sounds like everyone is starting the summer right and super fun. Yay for the stake camp! Let me know how Chika's audition went, I'm so cheering for you! I hope all of you are doing very well. While these past there weeks been most exciting I know I've been writing shorter emails and I'm sorry :( I am making up today so you will be receiving two long emails. Are you ready?! 

The are used to be very wide when we first got here but now it seems like there only few places we could go to. I guess that's okay because it tells us we have explored the area well. We have 3 progressing investigators, Nomelyn, Emily and Eliza. We met them only last week and we are excited to get to know them better and for our next lessons. Sister Darasin and myself both felt that these past week been slower compared to our first weeks but we are not discouraged. We were on exchanges and I wasn't able to attend the sacrament with them. I went to Sison branch with S. Esguerra, my STL and trainer before. Exchanges are the best! Sometimes I forget how great changes really are. Working with her after 4long months made me see the improvements that occured.
Conference overload! In a good way. We had sister missionary conference in Butuan. We all felt very special. The aim of President Torres is to pur emphasis on the moral force of women. I am very grateful to be a woman and a member of the true church where I am always honed of my divine nature and limitless potential. I'm very grateful I am surrounded by great women both at home and here in the field.  It was superb. The General Women's conference added more to the experience. That reminded me of the wonderful talk President Uchtdorf gave using the forget me not flowers as a metaphor. It would be wise to read it again. Mama, thank you for being my mother. I am excited for Mother's day and talk to you and prolly to everyone else? :). Just a side note too, I survived the bus. No sickness at all. The Gen Conference is another highlight of this month. I especially love the counsel of Elder Nelson, "Let your faith show!" What's yours?
I made a commitment to do better at writing you my spiritual experiences. I want you to know that I experience failures here too and I never intended sugarcoat. Only because I don't want you to worry because one thing is for sure. I don't stop growing.  A couple of weeks ago, I experienced struggles in teaching effectively and felt so much inadequacies. I studied even harder and fasted and seek help from my companion. I didn't feel improving until I receive an inspiration to wait. I prayed for patience until understanding and improvement comes. Until additional knowledge and help comes. And it came. President Torres called for a specialized training in a very short notice. It was centered to exactly what I need. I can see what Heavenly Father wants me to learn. It is what E. Uchtdorf said " Patience means to abide in faith, knowing that sometimes it is in the waiting rather than in receiving the we grow the most." 

I pray that you will be patient. I love each and everyone of you! You are in my prayers constantly. Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Javelona
 Dinner with Bro. Mendoza and his son Mikey. Bro Mendoza served his mision in Bacolod back in 1984-1986! He shared wonderful stories and great missionary counsels. 
We had lunch outside the meetinghouse during the general conference. 

With my favorite family, the Abequibel! They give referrals!





Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena