a journey to motherhood

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 6: Think Positive. Think Baptisms. :)

Hello Family and Friends! 
I hope you got my mail already! Did you plant the cranberry seeds? Please do! It should have fruits already when I get home. Just kidding! No pressure! :) 
This week finding new people to teach has been more challenging, spiritual and fun. Sister Esguerra and I are very goal oriented. We know behind these numbers are children of our Heavenly Father so we are extremely conscious and sensitive too. Quality baptisms are what we want. And speaking of baptims, Sister Kyle is ready for November 2! I will send pictures next week :) Excited? This is my first baptism here in the mission and we are working to make it the best spiritual experience for her.
Your sister missionary :)
Our area is huge compared there back home. We were instructed to only proselyte within the city proper. If we want to go to areas that are far off we need a priesthood member to go with us. On thursday, our WML went with us to Brgy. Salvacion which is 8km away from the proper. We taught 3 families! Maningkamot mi :) We are looking forward for them to progress. Think positive. Think baptisms. They will come. 
On Tuesday we travelled again to Butuan for our district meeting. It is always fun to see other missionaries especially my batchmates. S. Distrito from talisay are among them. I love this sister! Of course the meeting itself, went great. Elder Paraiso, is awesome at giving workshops . You got to be pondering about them on the bus ride. 
Funny story of the week- Sister Vilma made us take home a pork lechon. Not just the chopped lechon meat but half the head! It was funny, we were carrying it home. She loves us and we are grateful. Families, don't worry about your missionaries. They are being taken cared of too by the kind members of the church. And for us missionaries, what Elder Echo Hawk said is true, "Love the people. It will take you a long way." 
I hope you enjoy the recent photos here. I'm sorry I didn't have more photos of the area. We are consumed with the work and it's a good thing but we will try to take some this week. 
I love you and I miss everyone so much. You are in my prayers. Now please be safe on the election day and vote someone like King Benjamin. Hmmm.. :D
Time flies and our favorite time of the year is coming so soon. I am excited to see everyone especially Haley! Have a great week.
Love always,
Sister Javelona 
Bayugan East District "English District" :D

more batchmates

OINK! OINK!

With S. Daphne, she works with us




Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena