a journey to motherhood

Monday, July 29, 2013

I want to be called Sister Javelona

I finally made it! Made the right decision to go on a mission. Though I would always recommend for sisters to go when they are 19 I wouldn't want to regret the past years I've spent and didn't get to serve a mission much earlier. The experiences were and are for my own good. I wouldn't become who I am and where I am at with my church membership without the last 5 years of my life. So here I am, a 26 year old Filipina valiantly preparing to serve the Lord. :)
I spent April-May working on my papers with my 19yr old brother Shaun who is also going on a mission. It went very well, both of us had our own challenges during but in the end it all worked out. I must say much of the waiting was when we already turned our papers in to the stake. That's when anxieties and excitement really kicked in. Well, more of anxieties because it took longer that what we expected for some reasons. I guess when its overseas it just takes a little longer. I live in the Philippines btw. On July 12 we finally confirmed that we both had our assignments. Yay! This is a very much awaited time for our family. Everyone is really excited and I am so grateful of the support I am getting from them. I am only a few days away from receiving my call. It wouldn't hurt if I pray some more for the guidance of the spirit as we wait for our calls. Ive been very anxious for the first few weeks of preparation bout where I will be assigned but as I pray more and fast about it I've become more inclined to thinking about the work and less about the place. I will go where he wants me to go!
 I thought it would come in handy one day and could be a goodread to my siblings and other members who are also planning to serve their missions. My sister will then continue to update this blog when I leave.
I am loving the life I am making. I've seen how the Lord's timing worked in my life and I will continue to let him guide me as I make a new journey. There were tons of things to do, dreams to reach, goals to accomplished and bucketlists to check. Sure, there are many great things I can do in the next 18months or so but I decided it is time to serve the Lord. FULL TIME. :)
Powered by Blogger.

© Walking in Sunlight!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena